GET IN TOUCH
371 Bury Road, Townsend Fold
T. 01706 213198
THE HISTORY OF THE WHITCHAFF
Looking down over Rawtenstall from its lofty position, the Whitchaff Inn is a distinctive sight on the Bury Road. Tall and narrow, with a steeply raked slate roof, the stone building dates from 1761. It’s been a pub for well over 100 years and used to be called the Hare & Hounds; the present unusual name, adopted in the 1970’s, is a combination of the shortened names of two of the owners of the day.
Richard and Katy have been at the Whitchaff for over 8 years with a friendly greeting for one and all. There are a variety of cask conditioned Robinsons Ales as well as all major leading brands of lager.
A former stable now houses the atmospheric restaurant, where the menu and daily specials offer upwards of 100 dishes, all of them home-cooked. Sizzling platters, stir-fries and black pudding are just some of the specialities, and the tasty Sunday Lunch offers particularly good value for money.